Lead U12 Skills Centre Coach
Title: Lead U12 Skills Centre Coach – Reports to respective Technical lead
Key Contacts Internal: Technical Leads, Coaches, Assistant coaches, Players and Parents
External: Soccer Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Soccer League
Location: Halifax, NS
Hours: Minimum 3-5 hours per week, Majority on field with session preparation and communication with supporting coaches. Mostly evening and weekends.
Stipend/compensation is based on the size of the group and qualifications held. To be discussed during the application process. Club to aid in development of coaches through educational courses and licenses.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Prepare, design and deliver sessions for selected age group
· Manage a team during their matches
· Support and motivate assisting/group coaches
· Demonstrate Club Values and help implement club philosophy and curriculum
· Effectively communicate with parents
· Aid and participate in providing player feedback
· Communicate with Technical lead
- CSA Stage 3 Learning to Train U10-U12 (or willing to take)
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Respect in Sport Training
- Up-to-date Criminal Record Check
- Experience coaching youth players (U10-U12)
- CSA C License
- CSA Children’s License
Preference will be given to coaches who exhibit and demonstrate similar Club values in combination with level of qualifications. Experience in similar roles is an asset but not required. Organizational and communication skills are required.
Send your coaching applications or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the age group(s) you wish to apply for. Include your sport/soccer background, experience and qualifications in your application.